I have decided.

Updated
Sibs
I'm going for the Horizon! Don't know which one though. What do you guys think?
hessian101

I say get the Fr... but otherwise, you really cant go wrong with a horizon.

Sibs

I want the FR-II so badly! but i only have 1400.....

Piney Hills Music

well, you should be happy with either one.

load more replies (1 of 1)
jaymz097

I want the FR-II so badly! but i only have 1400.....
Save up another $400 and get the FR-II.

Dæmonium

Get the FRII. Amazing guitar, I love mine to bits.

hessian101

^+1

Just hang in there, and save up the extra dough. Sell something, Or just save a little longer. It'll be worth it to get the Fr, trust me...

Dæmonium

FR ftw

hessian101

What kind of amp do you have Sibs? Cuz regardless of how nice your guitar is, the amp is 95% of your tone. With the money you have now, you could get a really nice LTD, and a pretty decent used tube amp.

Sibs

What kind of amp do you have Sibs? Cuz regardless of how nice your guitar is, the amp is 95% of your tone. With the money you have now, you could get a really nice LTD, and a pretty decent used tube amp.

I have a line 6 spider 30 watt. :\

hessian101

Okay then. Heres what you do. Get yourself a 400 series ltd (the MH-400 is practically the same guitar as the horizon FR) and a Used Tube amp. Check your local classifieds and craiglist- Great deals come up all the time. Just last week, I picked up a Marshall JCM900 head and a 4x12 cab for only $600. Once you get a tube amp, you cant go back- they are that much better. The 400 series LTD's are excellent guitars, for a very fair price. They have Professional pickups, Quality hardware, are built like tanks, look sexxy as hell, and play like buttah. But, if you feel like you really need to have the ESP, its up to you.

Sibs

Okay then. Heres what you do. Get yourself a 400 series ltd (the MH-400 is practically the same guitar as the horizon FR) and a Used Tube amp. Check your local classifieds and craiglist- Great deals come up all the time. Just last week, I picked up a Marshall JCM900 head and a 4x12 cab for only $600. Once you get a tube amp, you cant go back- they are that much better. The 400 series LTD's are excellent guitars, for a very fair price. They have Professional pickups, Quality hardware, are built like tanks, look sexxy as hell, and play like buttah. But, if you feel like you really need to have the ESP, its up to you. Just to clear things up, what differences does ESP and LTD have?

hessian101

ESP-LTD's are the budget/workhorse models, while ESP's are the premium models- both brands are owned by the same company. The difference in quality is not too great, and IMO, it isn't worth it to spend that much more unless you are really into playing guitar, and have been playing a while. For example- an LTD might have a minor finish flaw, and the materials that are used might not be quite as good... but otherwise, they are pretty much identical.

Sibs

ESP-LTD's are the budget/workhorse models, while ESP's are the premium models- both brands are owned by the same company. The difference in quality is not too great, and IMO, it isn't worth it to spend that much more unless you are really into playing guitar, and have been playing a while. For example- an LTD will probobly have a few minor finish flaws, and the woods that are used might not be quite as good- things like that. oh. well is it possible to put a floyd rose tremolo on the NT? just to save money?

hessian101

Yes it is possible- but it would cost mucho $$$(more than just buying the one with an FR), and it would possibly ruin a great guitar. I reccomend you try out an LTD- they kick serious ass.

Sibs

Yes it is possible- but it would cost mucho $$$(more than just buying the one with an FR), and it would possibly ruin a great guitar. I reccomend you try out an LTD- they kick serious ass.

I'm sick of having the second hand guitars. i have a epiphone, but wanted gibson, i dont want to to the same with esp and ltd.

hessian101

LTD's kill both Epiphones and Gibsons... (maybe not vintage gibsons, but still). It'd definitely be a step up from your Epiphone. If you want to improve your overall setup, get a good amp instead of a good guitar. AT LEAST try an LTD before you buy anything...

Luke

Sibs

LTD's kill both Epiphones and Gibsons... (maybe not vintage gibsons, but still). It'd definitely be a step up from your Epiphone. If you want to improve your overall setup, get a good amp instead of a good guitar. AT LEAST try an LTD before you buy anything...

Luke
You know, i thin your right. I compared the horizon and the mh-400 the only thing i noticed different was the rosewood and ebony fingerboard, and the tuners. other that that. wow.

hessian101

If you want to try out an LTD, check out small, non chain stores. Esp only sell LTD's at small volume stores for some reason... If you cant locate a store with LTDs, try out a high end Schecter. Schecter is owned by the same people as esp, and their guitars are made in the same factories as the LTD's- essentially, schecters are relabeled LTD's to appeal to a slightly different crowd, and to be sold at the larger stores.

Sibs

If you want to try out an LTD, check out small, non chain stores. Esp only sell LTD's at small volume stores for some reason... If you cant locate a store with LTDs, try out a high end Schecter. Schecter is owned by the same people as esp, and their guitars are made in the same factories as the LTD's- essentially, schecters are relabeled LTD's to appeal to a slightly different crowd, and to be sold at the larger stores.
I thought I noticed a similarity with ESP's and Schecters.

hessian101

^thats odd... I have never seen any sort of LTD or ESP at a 'big' store, Ever. Then again, I live in Mormonville, Utah.. so everythings fucked up around here...:lol

BTW- your avatar is awesome.

Sibs

^thats odd... I have never seen any sort of LTD or ESP at a 'big' store, Ever. Then again, I live in Mormonville, Utah.. so everythings fucked up around here...:lol

BTW- your avatar is awesome.
Mormon? are you mormon? well anyways, i live in chicago so of course.

hessian101

No. I am not mormon. In fact, how dare you even say such a thing.:p

I am definitely not mormon... It is a very nice place to live, though... One of the top 10 safest cities in america.

Sibs

No. I am not mormon. In fact, how dare you even say such a thing.:p

I am definitely not mormon... It is a very nice place to live, though... One of the top 10 safest cities in america. Nice, anyways I'll go to guitar center and see if they have LTD's

hessian101

Yah man. go try out some amps, too. What kinda music do you play?

2fat2furious

Senor, may I jump in here and voice my opinion?

I Personally think you should get a good used tube amp first, the fact that its used does nothing to its sound (unless the tubes need to be changed) and its cosmetics dont really matter that much. I bought an ESP with some money I had just received, and although I love the guitar and am very happy I bought it, I realized that I could never do it justice with my SS combo amp. So, I bought a mesa 2x12 and ran the amp through that, it helped but the guitar still didn't sound right. So I started to look around at a cheap tube amp in the hopes that I could get something like a valveking, but I got lucky and found a used Laney VH100R that only cost me $595! However, that was still 5 months of having a great guitar and shitty amp, you dont know how much it bothered me.

Post to Thread