question for Eclipse II owners

Updated
Gil
I'm thinking of very soon getting an eclipse II I love the way they play and only thing I'm stuck on is color. I wanted to know how well the vintage black finish holds up. they had one in the shop along with the olympic white. I like them both very much and I think what will do it for me is the black since it's somewhat of a satin finish.
BoD

I have the VW and it seems to be holding up pretty well so far. The only mat finish black I had was the Gothic Explorer, and it started to shine up a bit where ever your arm rubbed the body. The ESP mat finish feels different and may hold up better than the Gibson. ONE WAY TO FIND OUT!!

mr. tickles

Vintage white FTW!

I have a black cherry finish...but the VW is where it's at. Plus, as BoD said, sating finishes tend to become shiny when skin is in contact a lot.

kgry

The satin finish wears to a shine.

Gil

yeah that's one thing I noticed when I saw it. I think when they come in stock I'll get an Olympic white one. Since I already have a black guitar and a sunburst guitar it seems like a good place to go.

coyote

I've had a Eclipse vintage black for over two years and its not shiny at all. Looks just like it did the day I bought it.

kgry

I've had the VHB for like 3 years and it's a bit worn down where my palm rests.

AnubisUnbound

Good choice! I have that one, its sexy...

Dilzdo21

the snow white is nice, i like the vintage better

Post to Thread