Fender American Deluxe vs. ESP Horizon NT-II

Updated
Sibs
I've narrowed it down to those guitars. Which one should i get??
Dæmonium

I totally get what you are saying. I love that "Strat snarl" the guitar seems to have with just the right amount of overdrive, and only the Strat seems to be able to pull it off with conviction.

Piney Hills Music

sad aint it... :lol

its such a definitive sound, yet nobody is able to capture "just right" but Fender...

id say the Tele is by far even more distinct. I am prolly in for a rude awakening Wednesday when the 18 wheeler pulls up at the store and dumps 50 guitars on me to go through and put out... there will prolly be at least one that grabs me by the nuts and tries to have her way with me
*shudders in fear and delight*
:lol

Dæmonium

I used to own a Tele as well, had some nice twangy sounds but ultimately, I had no real use for it. I was thinking of modding the hardware on it to turn it into some kind of beast, but all that hardware comes to around $600, so I just said meh and sold it.

Piney Hills Music

I have a Charvel Custom Shop Tele on order thats gonna have a friggin Duncan Distortion in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck (prolly a slant single coil sized one) or maybe a Cool Rails.

its gonna be awesome.. I am making myself NOT get a floyd on it.

Dæmonium

Yeah, I'd do without a Floyd on that either. What you described sounds pretty damn nice, very good choice of bridge pup, too.

What woods?

Hypnotoad6969

ESP all day long.   as long as it's a real ESP and not an LTD I wouldn't worry too much about not playing it first. If you cheap out and go for an LTD model, I'd definitely play it first and buy the one you play.   Lots of hard rock/metal in your list (and wtf linkin park?, c'mon man).  You won't be able to rip off any Ozzy (Randy Rhodes) or EVH or Vai solos with a dumb bolt on Fender. You'll want the humbuckers and the neck thru.  And it's been said, but yeah coil tap.  How on Earth did you narrow it to those two guitars, they are so, so, so different.  I'd buy the ESP first and start saving for the Fender, or better yet and ESP strat or tele. 

Pushead

You seem to be about 9 years late for this conversation.

Post to Thread