Fender American Deluxe vs. ESP Horizon NT-II

Updated
Sibs
I've narrowed it down to those guitars. Which one should i get??
Sibs

Hmm ok, I'll go for the horizon. but umm, whats coil tap? sorry im a noob

Piney Hills Music

Hmm ok, I'll go for the horizon. but umm, whats coil tap? sorry im a noob

look dude..

just go see if you can play a bunch of guitars at a small store. one that takes care of its guitars.

Find the one you like and buy it...

It doesnt matter what a bunch of guitar freeks on the intrewebz say about it. its ultimately your guitar. (we just want LOTS OF PICS)

CL4P-TP

It saps some of the power away from a humbucker to give it more of a single coil sound.

CL4P-TP

Yeah, and it's kinda made it so that both phrases are assumed to mean the same thing.

It wouldn't be a hard thing for them to explain. I've always thought that both phrases are pretty self explanatory just by the name of tapping and splitting. Although I've seen the confusion a lot on UG.

Piney Hills Music

yeah...

but they both pretty much do the same thing in the end.. make a bucker sound like a non bucker...

Ravens Creed

You cant really go wrong with an NTII no matter what style of music you play. You certainly can with a Strat although they are also great guitars. Strats are far less versatile than Horizons.

Ultimately though, you should go to a decent (independent if possible) guitar dealer and try some guitars out.
But if you're asking my advice on pulling the trigger on one of these two, it would be the NTII by a country fucking mile.

Bouncepogo

It really is much more versatile than a strat.

A strat is very very versatile

Piney Hills Music

there is not a more versatile guitar than the strat...
it can be made to do ALMOST anything...

(i have even seen one roping cattle) :|

load more replies (1 of 1)
MyApocalypse

horizon wins

Piney Hills Music

horizon wins

I agree..

unless you get a Fat Strat, he is gonna be missing the meaty sound that some of the things he wants to play need.

The horizon will have a much darker sound, and the Strat, fuck man, Strats are bright and sparkly as fuck...

:lol

Dæmonium

Anyone who plays Linkin' Park on a 2000 Euro guitar deserves to be shot in the back of the head.

Sibs

Anyone who plays Linkin' Park on a 2000 Euro guitar deserves to be shot in the back of the head. Wow....I like one song by them....does that matter?

load more replies (1 of 1)
ESP

Get the Strat...

Sibs

Get the Strat...
Excuse me?? ESP moderator????? :rollin

CL4P-TP

Strats are really versatile, but for the sounds he's looking for the humbucker would probably suit him more.

CL4P-TP

I still think an H/H would better suit the sound he's looking for rather than an H/S/S.

ZephMan

gfunk likes men.....

KH Guitar Freak

gfunk likes men.....

8o

espdood

H/S/S strat would suit those styles that you listed above, especially if you are playing some of John Frusciante's songs, which the majority of it is done through the strat. Prepare to use the single coils in your H/S/S.

Ravens Creed

I'm not dissing Strats and I think they are versatile but a Horizon in the stock configuration in comes in, is more versatile than a Strat.
Why?
1- It can cover any range of sounds. You split the coils and it does the glassy strat sounds. You cant make a Strat sound like it has buckers unless it actually has humbuckers.
2- Its made of Mahogany which, in my opinion, is more suited to a variety of sounds than Alder. Especially when you put a maple cap on it.
3- Ebony fretboard. Isn't as bright sounding as Maple or as warm as Rosewood. Again, more suited to a wider range of sounds.
4- TOM bridge. Easier for quick tuning changes. Again, versatility. (Although divebombing is out of the question, granted).

If I had to pick one guitar to do everything (or as near as damn it) I would choose a PRS CU22, an Ibanez Jem7V or an ESP NTII.
Its only my opinion though and again, I do like Strats.
But, Horizon wins.

Ravens Creed

A J Custom would be the next bet.

CL4P-TP

Hence why you fail.

Piney Hills Music

zach... is that Jedmonds SV in your avatar?

Dæmonium

Hence why you fail.

You seem to be a prime example of why sniffing paint thinner is bad for you.

Post to Thread