Vintage Plus

Updated
Fikealox
Hi guys, I'm suffering major GAS for a Vintage Plus. Mainly for the black distressed model, but I could easily live with the other maple-neck version. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them, and if you could give me your thoughts. How do you think it is in terms of value for money, what's the neck like, etc etc. Thanks in advance, -Liam :)
Fikealox

It already has the diMarzios in, yeah :) I don't mind them, but they're a bit hot for my tastes (especially the super-distortion). Of couse, I'm playing through a pod straight into the slave-in of a SS amp, so all it takes is some fiddling with settings to get them where I like them, so I'm not really able to give a proper review of them till I get my new amp... if that makes sense.

The SSL1 that's still in the neck is okay-- it gives that Pink Floyd sound (think Wish You Were Here) that I love, but the hum kinda irritates me, haha.

CL4P-TP

Cool. I'm always curious about how different pickups sound.

Llexileon

personally i like the blue. that is one sweet guitar. Used to have a red one, same spec but red w/gold hardware. sold it...stupid mistake :lol

Vivo

I like the blue color, too! The wood looks fucking great. Refinishing in sunburst is expensive because you have to give it to a pro.

BigSillyGoose

I'm glad you like your new strat Fikealox.

Post to Thread