Are NT-II's better than FR-II's?

Updated
Sibs
I heard the sustain on the NT's is better? What do you guys think. I want an ESP horizon but i don't know which one.
Piney Hills Music

all well made guitars are gonna have great sustain...

the ESPs are very well made... a Floyd Rose on a guitar isnt gonna "kill" the sustain...

i have a Jackson USA Kelly with a floyd and it will hold notes till the cows go to slaughter.
I also have TOM guitars that dont sustain for shit...
so it all depends on the guitars.
The Horizons are made very well and have great sustain.. FR or TOM

Dæmonium

Wrong. Floyd's do affect the sustain of a guitar, no matter how well it's made. If you have the strings going right through the body, you will get more resonance and sustain because the strings are vibrating through the body, and not just the Floyd.

RejecterSR

anything with a Floyd Rose is better in my opinion
just because the added bs you could do, i just love the Darrel squeals as i call them

load more replies (1 of 1)
RejecterSR

for me it is more than squeally (i think you meant squeally) Dime shit, its more comfortable to me and puts out a better sound, the way my hand sits on it is more comfortable than a fuckin string through in my opinion. They're a hassel once till you get used to them, then they're always in tune. i love em.

it's one of those things
people like big fat necks, i can't stand them, but i'm playing a lot of fast crazy metal shit
i depise fat necks, i hate the gibson necks for some reason, the M-II uc is just perfect for me. I'm always on the computer like a few feet away from my set up typing a word inbetween a few licks lol

Fikealox

Yeah, I have a few different guitars, and my M2 custom neckthru with FR sustains just as well as my string-thru-body guitars (Jacksons and Horizons). There might be some imperceptible different, but if you can't notice it, does it matter?

I had an Ibanez RG350 with FR, though, and it had crap sustain, so it's definitely a matter of quality...

RejecterSR

god, i want a Horizon...

Ravens Creed

How long do you want to hold a note for, a year?

I have a few guitars with FR's and a few without including an NTII and they all hold notes until you (and everybody else) would have died of boredom.

I suppose there is something in the NTII (Due to TOM, string thru and being Mahogany) having a smoother tone that sustains better but there really isnt much in it.
Having said that, the guitar I own which would resonate and sustain most would be my Jem 7VWH.

Anyway, a lot of it is in your fingers and then your gear etc...

The question ishould be, do you like to use a tremelo? If so, get an FRII. If not, get an NTII. Both fantastic guitars.

Post to Thread