help me pick out a guitar

Updated
nothx
I'm getting rid of my jh600 because floyds make me want to punch babies. I'm looking to upgrade and I'm having trouble deciding..mostly because I think the horizon standard finishes are ugly as hell. Does anyone have any pics of a horizon in dbsb? If so, I'd like to see if it looks better than the dogshit it looks like on the ESP site. The trans-blue finish I'm not doing backflips over, but I think it would look much better with chrome pickup covers, so I may just go with that. All I really want is a solid shred guitar with neck-thru and no floyd. And I have to be able to look at it without puking -- the ridiculous bindings on the upper end LTDs make it impossible for me to buy one. The standard horizon has the feature set I want, I'm just not sold on the finish. Feel free to post your horizons blue or brown.
Justin

da fuk? is that an esp logo inlay or something? The set neck with that blue looks amazing

LOL

da fuk? is that an esp logo inlay or something? The set neck with that blue looks amazing

fretboard cover. and its not set neck, its neck thru, man. see how the wood runs all the way through

load more replies (3 of 3)
Throne_Of_Lunacy

are you gonna be selling that JH-600?

nothx

are you gonna be selling that JH-600?

Yep!

Thanks for the guitars. See...the brown and blue both look much nicer in those pics. Maybe I'll have to see them in person :mad:

Throne_Of_Lunacy

how much are you selling it for?

nothx

how much are you selling it for?

Its in good condition, only some very fine scratches on the front and back of the body. Granted, the floyd needs a solid setup. I am no good with those. I'm also in kingston so that makes everything a bit easier. I'll let it go for 875 shipped with hardshell.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Butch

^ wow i didn't even notice that, weird. Some dude here has a STG Ec1000 without the "deluxe" on his headstock either.

RejecterSR

whats wrong with your floyd rose?
is it an official floyd rose?

nothx

There isn't anything wrong with it, I just don't really know what I'm doing, so I don't think its setup properly. Granted unless you're planning on playing standard tuning with whatever gauge strings they stick you with it'll have to be set up anyway.
Edit: yeah its official.

RejecterSR

neither did i when i had my first (which wasn't an authentic floyd rose actually, it was an ibanez rip off) the one on my M-II uc is fucking killer. once you know what you're doing they are so worth it, man. I use alot of hammer harmonics and the bar, i call em darrel squeals. get it set up by someone competent, mess around with it, just get used to it first. What guage strings are you playing on? i use 9's but can get some killer deep crunch. once you get used to the damn thing you'll fall in love with it. i used to hate mine, bought an EC-1000, sold it, bought the M-II and will never own another non-Floyd Rose guitar again.

MyApocalypse

you won't get more than 700

Post to Thread