Old ESP M1 Help

Updated
BLS
There's a local shop that has a black ESP M1 for sale. It's has a straight black headstock, bolt on neck, ESP Floyd, Humbucker at the bridge, single coil at the neck. Serial number is 90159. Any clue on how old this may be? They want $450.00 for it with set up included. It's in pretty decent played shape with case. Is that a good price for one of these? Thanks, Matt
1point8t

Does it have the strat like headstock like the new Vintage Plus guitars? And a small, round-edged body? If so, that's a 1990-1991ish M-1. $450 is a good deal if its in decent shape.

BLS

1point8t,

Yes the headstock is just like the vintage plus except it's black on the top with black ESP tuners. Strat body. Wish I had a camera as I would have taken some pic's. Like I said it's in decent played shape, nothing major but not mint by a long shop. It's in need of a set up which they are doing now and will include with the price.

1point8t

Get it. That was my first ever ESP and I stupidly sold it a couple years back. Mine was yellowed pearl white and played sooo good. I'm goin to kick myself right now.

krk813

Get it. That was my first ever ESP and I stupidly sold it a couple years back. Mine was yellowed pearl white and played sooo good. I'm goin to kick myself right now.

Dude, thanks for the info- 'bout M1, someone here in the Philippines also sold his ESP M1 to me, it was a red one, I just replaced the pick-ups with EMG 81 & SA.

1point8t

Must sound great... the SA single coils have one of the best clean tones of any pickup, IMO.

krk813

Yeah your right! SA really sounds so cool on clean tones. I placed the 81 coz of Hammett. Just wish Kirk would bring back his early solos kinda like Master, Justice days.

1point8t

Keep your fingers crossed, maybe he did for the new album... that is, if Lars and Jaymz let him. Lol.

Do you have any pics of your M-1?

krk813

Ok. What music do you play? I also dig Marty Friedman's solos on his Megadeth albums especially Rust In Peace, Tornado Of Souls is one of my fave solos he did.

1point8t

I play whatever seems good at the time, but mainly metal, 80's era stuff. Its what I started out on, and what I know best. I'm just starting to learn all the crazy sweep picking stuff that's hot these days.

krk813

This is my ESP M-1. Really sounds great on clean tones even when I hadn't replaced the stock pick-ups yet. But the EMG SA added more depth onto it.

krk813

There's a local shop that has a black ESP M1 for sale. It's has a straight black headstock, bolt on neck, ESP Floyd, Humbucker at the bridge, single coil at the neck. Serial number is 90159. Any clue on how old this may be? They want $450.00 for it with set up included. It's in pretty decent played shape with case. Is that a good price for one of these?

Thanks,

Matt

Dude, can i see pics of ur ESP M1? Thanks. I'm here in the US right now, just visiting relatives.

Post to Thread