ESP 2008 Horizon w/tremolo or Ibanez 2008 SV Prestige

Updated
seal se7en
?
robnobcorncob

ESP

/end of thread

Graham Nicholson

You realize you're asking this on the ESP message board, right?

Just checking.

ESP

Ibanez.

Brian

Ibanez.

+1

load more replies (1 of 1)
Vivo

lol, what a question... Ask this in a neutral forum. This isn't the right place to get a uninfluenced answer..

Vivo

Ibanez Prestige Guitars are amazing, although I don't like the shape of the RG's. I have an Ibanez, too. But it's "just" one of the normal RG series. ESP has amazing/better finishes and I like the shapes of the most ESP's more than the Ibanez-shapes. In the end it will be the best to check your two guitars in a store and to decide after you had both guitars in your hands.

seal se7en

Thanks.

Yeah, I guess I have to try both at the store. Sorry to everyone that I offended by posting a Ibanez question/comment. The bad news is that I have to wait till Sam Ash gets both ESP Horizon FR and Ibanez SV Prestige.

Ravens Creed

A Jem7V or a top J Custom is more of a match to a Horizon.

espSpain

Actually I am also thinking about getting an Ibanez SV. I know I shouldn't be saying this in this forum. But the truth is that there aren't any guitars in the ESP catalog that look classic and can play metal at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I know Horizons and Eclipses look classic and can play any kind of music, but I can't understand why there isn't a version of Michael Wilton's guitar without the custom graphics, or a GL that has not been reliced :confused:. If ESP had a super Strat with maple neck and a nice SD or EMG pups combo, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately the only options are MW and GL replicas, which I don't find too cool. That's the only reason I am lookin' to Japanese made Ibanez.:\

espSpain

Hi espdood,

I already checked those models and find them all really cool, especially the M-II with Duncans!! However, I am looking for a more "classic" guitar, something that doesn't look too metal. Something like an ESP Vintage with a SD JB in the bridge is what I am looking for. Maybe it's worth buying one and them changing the scratch plate and swaping the bridge single coil with a SD JB. The only reason why I might not do it is 'cause I hate the reliced finish. Who said reliced finish and abalone binding are cool?

espdood

Hi espdood,

I already checked those models and find them all really cool, especially the M-II with Duncans!! However, I am looking for a more "classic" guitar, something that doesn't look too metal. Something like an ESP Vintage with a SD JB in the bridge is what I am looking for. Maybe it's worth buying one and them changing the scratch plate and swaping the bridge single coil with a SD JB. The only reason why I might not do it is 'cause I hate the reliced finish. Who said reliced finish and abalone binding are cool?

You could possibly look into a few fender's with humbuckers in the bridge position. Do you want one with a floyd?

Helldragon

Hi espdood,

The plder models don't have the reliced finish, dude.. here in Slovenia there are a few strat shaped Vintage Series ESPs with normal satin sunburst finish ;)

Post to Thread