just was introduced to ESP

Updated
drw84215
hey guys. im new here. i just played a few ESP and LTDs (eclipse II) and loved them. but i have a few questions that i cant seem to find on the internet. there is an EC-500 and an EC-1000. whast the difference. also on most of the guitars i cant find a fretboard radius. does any1 no what it is for the EC and the M models and H series?
espdood

I know for sure the 500 vs. the 1000 has different options. Some of the 1000's come with an ebony fretboard and fancy inlays and fancy binding. The 500 is basically a stripped down version of it. I've been hearing that the 1000 series pays more attention to detail and quality a bit more than the 500 series. Also, the 1000 comes with a maple top, which is probably more like a veneer than a top. I don't know the information on their fretboard radius's as they describe them as "thin U, or extra thin U etc.."

drw84215

yes i cant seem to find waht "thin u" means. ill find out somehow. my next question is whast he difference between ESP and LTD? i kno that one is made in japan and the other is in korea. but is there any major difference?

load more replies (2 of 2)
B1ackD3at4

hey guys. im new here. i just played a few ESP and LTDs (eclipse II) and loved them. but i have a few questions that i cant seem to find on the internet. there is an EC-500 and an EC-1000. whast the difference.

The 1000 series is basically the top of the line of the LTD brand. It then goes 500 so on and so on.

my next question is whast he difference between ESP and LTD? i kno that one is made in japan and the other is in korea. but is there any major difference?

LTDs are made in Korea and ESPs are made in Japan. LTDs are basically factory line guitars while ESPs are hand made, with ESPs having more attention to details. The LTDs are usually more generic parts, not the best woods, etc, but there still great guitars for the price.

drw84215

thanks guys. i kno what fretboard radius means. but i cant seem to find it anywhere. on another forum som1 said that the eclipse where 12. but when they say "thin U" are they compairing it to a strat or somthing? im not to worried about it because i know the guitar i played felt comfortable

Post to Thread