New Horizon

Updated
nivek41
My new Horizon should arrive at my door in another couple of hours. I have a feeling that my work day is going to drag as I have my mind set on trying out my new guitar.
Jan S.

we will expect a shitload of pics before trying it out :)

chrisjd

we will expect a shitload of pics before trying it out :)

+1

load more replies (1 of 1)
1point8t

What Horizon did you pick up?

Monologous

very nice

nivek41

thanks dude - I could not be more pleased with the guitar. It made me realize how much I love Seymour Duncans. My Eclipse has EMG's and the Duncans sound so much better in the Horizon.

Vivo

Looks nice, very nice guitar, although I'm not the biggest fan of the shape. The wood is great! And the Duncan's will blow out your brain!! Keep it rockin'!

Monologous

Duncans are indeed great sounding!

Vivo

I love the headstock, looks very wicked! Congratulations. How much did you pay? (you don't have to answer if you don't want to, I'm just interested in the prices in the USA. I heard guitars are a lot cheaper than in europe.)

Vivo

Fuck that's cheap! Here in Switzerland I saw (nearly) the same guitar for converted 2400 bucks!! Weird, isn't it?

nivek41

For the quality of the guitar I would say that it is cheap. Do you get a case with it for $2400?

Vivo

No, I don't think so. Just a gig bag. Here in Switzerland you have to spend all your money to get a good guitar. That's because this country still isn't in the European Union. So the guitar shops have to pay a lot of taxes to import all the guitars. That's why all instruments are so expensive.

Dæmonium

That's exactly the way it is here in Istanbul, we get raped on the prices for gear. I paid roughly 2000 Euros for my Horizon FR, but that was hardcase included. Still, that's around $3300.

Still worth every damn penny, though. Wonderful guitar.

nivek41

I have heard that if you can have the customs paperwork read "GIFT" that you do not pay taxes on it. Is that correct?

Vivo

Yes you have to pay import taxes if you bring it back, but it's still lots cheaper than buying it in Switzerland.
@nivek41:
Yes, I also heard that. But I'm not shure if it's correct. And if they find out that you're not telling the truth you get greater problems than just the money...:evil

Dæmonium

It is correct. Whenever I buy my Shure monitors from the States I always have the people write "Gift" or "no commercial value" on it

Post to Thread