Need a ESP or a new LTD :/

Updated
Giancarlo
Well, I've been using my LTD MH-50 for like 4 years now, so I think it's time for a change! Isn't it??? I would love getting a ALEXI-600 or a JEFF HANNEMAN ESP, but it's really really expensive..... That's why I wanna get a not expensive descent guitar, to be exact a ESP that's not lots of money.. or LTD :confused: I play rock and metal... I also play blues and jazz It would be sweet getting some help with it ;) Guys, all the best and practice a lot!
MikeC

How much are the Hannemans where you're at?
Anyways, it depends on what you would call 'not expensive' really.
Check out the high end LTD's and the standard series ESP's.

Giancarlo

How much are the Hannemans where you're at?
Anyways, it depends on what you would call 'not expensive' really.
Check out the high end LTD's and the standard series ESP's.

Not expensive would be like 1000, coz I know good ESP guitars start from 1000 or more but this is like the maximum I have.

high end LTD's and the standard series ESP's????????????
Which ones?

Anyhow, Thanks bro!

coyote

Check out a used JH-600. Shouldnt break the bank and its a great guitar.

Giancarlo

Check out a used JH-600. Shouldnt break the bank and its a great guitar.

It doesn't Necessarily need to be Jeff Hanemman guitar. Any good guitar to play heavy metal, blues and jazz would be great ;)

Thanks!

moosemeister

It all depends on the price of the ESP Hanneman.

Because the LTD 600's are pretty rad guitars. A good upgrade from your 50.

Giancarlo

It all depends on the price of the ESP Hanneman.

Because the LTD 600's are pretty rad guitars. A good upgrade from your 50.

I'll try that one out then! Thanks!

the_emptier

i have an alexi-600. obviously amazing. but its geared toward metal. obviously you say you play rock, blues and jazz. w/ the one pickup you dont have a lot of options tonally except "br00talz" i've played jazz/blues etc. on mine and it holds its own but not as versatile as other ltds. but if metal is your holy grail then fucking get it like i did!!

Giancarlo

i have an alexi-600. obviously amazing. but its geared toward metal. obviously you say you play rock, blues and jazz. w/ the one pickup you dont have a lot of options tonally except "br00talz" i've played jazz/blues etc. on mine and it holds its own but not as versatile as other ltds. but if metal is your holy grail then fucking get it like i did!!

I'm guessing this guitar is to play the most brutal metal on the planet then!

blibbety

I tried the alexi 600 a bit at sam ash and it was very nice, if not a little tricky to hold on to hehe...also if you're interested you can check out the Edwards models, which I hear are even better, won't be able to test it though if you have to get one online

Greatdeceiver

for 1k you can get a good edwards model. They are between LTD 1000 and ESP SS quality wise.

k65h

for 1k you can get a good edwards model. They are between LTD 1000 and ESP SS quality wise.

If he were going for one of the classic style replicas, like LP, SG, or ES, I'd say yes.

But, most of the Edwards metal style or shred guitars will cost over a $1000. Especially once shipping is added in.

Sounds like Giancarlo is trying to stay under that.

So, then the higher end LTDs or maybe even a Schecter Hellraiser or Classic is a more reasonable choice.

Dingbat-Walabi

I'll sell you an kh junior

KH Guitar Freak

Not to be an arse about this, but have you thought of looking for other brands than just ESPs and LTDs??? 8o

RejecterSR

just get a run of the mill neck through or bolt on M-II with either EMG's or seymour duncans, active or not
that offers maximum customization later!
different pu down the road?
if its a bolt on maybe a new neck?
plus, the M-II is sexy.
my 0.2

"Not to be an arse about this, but have you thought of looking for other brands than just ESPs and LTDs???"

-blasphemy lol

CL4P-TP

Not to be an arse about this, but did you intend to put your twenty cents in rather than two cents?:p

RejecterSR

Not to be an arse about this, but did you intend to put your twenty cents in rather than two cents?:p

no, 0.2
maybe 0.3 now that i think about it

load more replies (1 of 1)
MyApocalypse

get the alexi 600

RejecterSR

get the alexi 600

for blues and jaz?
no, don't get that thing for what you want to do
if you want to play mainly metal then maybe

CL4P-TP

I suggest getting the Horizon NT-II. It's one of the cheapest ESP's you'll find, and the duncans can cover your blues and jazz needs as well as the rock and metal needs.

Dilzdo21

to expensive? you had 4 years to save and 600 bucks is too expensive? j/k

get one used on the bay for like 6/700

caldrmn

Musicians Friend still has the ESP vhb Eclipse II on sale for a little less than what you want to spend plus you have your choice on pickups S D's or EMG's and you won't have to pay for shipping it's free, you just won't be able to test drive it before you buy it but that is ok because ESP has the best quality control I've ever seen, but if you need to send it back they are very good about returns no questions asked. I think the S D's would fit you perfect for the music you play. I love mine I sent back a Ec 1000 and my Les Pauls don't get any attention anymore so sad! do yourself a favor and get one you won't be disappointed.

Piney Hills Music

Well, I've been using my LTD MH-50 for like 4 years now, so I think it's time for a change! Isn't it??? I would love getting a ALEXI-600 or a JEFF HANNEMAN ESP, but it's really really expensive.....

That's why I wanna get a not expensive descent guitar, to be exact a ESP that's not lots of money.. or LTD :confused:

I play rock and metal... I also play blues and jazz

It would be sweet getting some help with it ;)

Guys, all the best and practice a lot!
what is your budget?

Post to Thread