Who owns a ESP M-II here?

Updated
TheDarkOne
Maple or Rosewood version, it doesn't matter. But, to all of you who have it, how do you like it? how does it stand? how durable has it been? the sound and neck feel? would you recommend it, or would you buy a different guitar if you could turn time around, let me know.... thanks
Ravens Creed

I have a Urban Camo MII. Its pretty unbeatable for metal.

There's a lot of variance in the MII range but they are mostly fantastic metal guitars.

BrazilianBootyLover

I have the neck thru version with emgs. I love it. Fucking fantastic guitar. If I could go back in time I would keep buying it over and over again. Its built like a tank. Can handle anything you can dish out. The neck is the best part! Not too thin and not to fat just right. The best part about it is the natural satin clear coat. Smoother then a virgins pussy.

borkthrone

I have an MII custom... I think it was made in the early 90's.... see thru blue, bound neck /headstock (reverse no less) the dimensions are the same as the current models though... having said that it is probably one of my favorite of the 8 guitars that I have... by far the most durable and the tone (it has a JB in the bridge) is outstanding.. the guitar really articulates itself no matter how much distortion (which is usually lots) I use... I will post pics (once I figure out how, although saying that I'm sure will generate some ridicule..not as computer savvy as some of the other fellows here) IMO the M II is currently unrivalled by anything Ibanez or Jackson has to offer... (they should start reversing headstocks as well)

JMad81

IMO the M II is currently unrivalled by anything Ibanez or Jackson has to offer... (they should start reversing headstocks as well)

Id have to agree with you there, ESPs are unrivaled IMO. Reverse headstocks grew on me too when they are ESP or Jacksons, but i think Ibanezes with reverse headstocks look retarded.

I hope to have an MII in 08:)

load more replies (2 of 2)
espdood

IMO the M II is currently unrivalled by anything Ibanez or Jackson has to offer...

X1000. Had Japanese Ibanez's which were great quality, but never liked the basswood bodied sound of the RG's. The Japanese Jackson's quality nowadays are a joke. I would never buy another Jackson again, unless it was a USA model. Japanese ESP's are just incredible guitars and I'm willing to pay more than their LTD lineup just for the quality and detail that they put into their guitars.

shivering_shade

anyway... i ordered two esp m-II... maple and roswood...so i need the info too... and im hoping that they will be what i expected...

espdood

anyway... i ordered two esp m-II... maple and roswood...so i need the info too... and im hoping that they will be what i expected...

baller

espdood

My search for the grail guitar is over..This one had absolutely no flaws..my M-II maple board with Duncans..sweeet!!!!

TheDarkOne

i like the NTII, just not the color. I'm trying to figure whether I want a whammy or not.

Ravens Creed

Yeah, I think ESP need to rethink the colour options on the Horizons. As in, they need to actually offer a choice! We have more choice in Europe and even thats not much. The USA choices are just DBSB, right? Not good.

They would shift a lot more of them if there was more choice.

Anyway, if you want a whammy bar get an FRII. In any case, I think the Horizon is more versatile than an MII because you have the coil tapping and the Mahogany/Maple mix is a more "musical" tone in my experience. Alder is darker sounding and more suited to metal and so on.

Gfunk

the Mahogany/Maple mix is a more "musical" tone in my experience. Alder is darker sounding and more suited to metal and so on.

You think alder is darker sounding than mahogany?

Interesting.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Roadhouse

That prestige(or J custom cant tell) 7 is Hawt!!

Bucky Gone AWOL

How do you like the MII compared with the KH2, I ask because I have narrowed my ESP down to these two guitars.

Armitage

I have a M-II Neck Thru... it rocks!

jimshine

I have an Mii bolt on with rosewood board. It is built well, but the body doesn't have the resonance I am used to. It is perfect for metal, but in my opinion, is a one trick pony. Though it does that one trick very well. All guitars vary a bit because they are made of wood, so I am sure there are better Mii's out there, but they are not all perfect.

ATM1990

Hey Guys!

I am new guy here please "...let me introduce myself.....I am social disease...":lol:lol:lol. To put away the joke my name is Szabolcs Balog I am nearly 18 years ago and I started to think about buying an ESP MII Standard with EMG pickups. As I heard and read it's a great guitar but I need some more information (of course I will try it but it's great to hear other people's opinion). How do You like it's neck? How the Floyd Rose Tremolo works? (I mean that is it untune the guitar when You use or not or just a little bit?) How are the pickups working? (Are they making noise when You release the neck and You don't do anything or is there any problems with them?)

I am playing mainly heavy metal music (MetallicA/Iron Maiden/Megadeth/and other bands:) ) but as I read You said that this guitar is great for this kind of music but as I heard it's ok for other kinds of music. I would like to hear Your opinion. Another thing: I noticed that there isn't any tone switcher on the guitar only just a pickup switcher and a volume controller. Is this a big disadvantage? Or it doesn't matter so much?

I am looking forward to see You replys:) (Sorry if my English was bad:) )

Cheers

Szabi

load more replies (1 of 1)
Tim Payne

Get an M1 or MII made in Japan. New or used you wouldn't be disappointed! I don't like the horizon body for playing metal because the body is not cut away like the M1 and M2's. Get a tremlo even if you don't used one because it's more comfortable to rest your palm on for muting and other reasons. All you need is a volume and your rig should do the rest! I have many Esp's with tone and without. The ones without seam to have a better tone and less feedback because it's less electronics and the sound goes straight through to your rig. But either way you will be pleased. The KH models are killer also.

wiseguy

to answer the initial question.

The MII is fantastic.......not sure if I have every played a better guitar of a similar model.

I would buy it over again......but I would have to go custom shop to get a thinner neck, but that is the difference of a few thousand dollars......so I will deal with the 2x4 of a neck for now.

HAY YAH

I have a Woodland Camo mii with kahler trem and it is awesome 

Very similar to my two hanneman sigs 

Post to Thread