Horizon NT pickups

Updated
rogues gallery
I just ordered a new Horizon NT II. I did my research(including reading the forum stuff), but I am still unclear if the new Horizon NT's come with coil tapping pickups. I know the older models did. Can anyone Help?
JonCurcio

I got mine in July of this year new and it has the coil tap. I'm gonna say yeah, they still do...

rogues gallery

Great. How do you like yours? Any dislikes?

rogues gallery

never mind, I've read your past posts on pros and cons. any changes in your opinions?

Ravens Creed

My buddy just bought a NT II Black Aqua. I'm in love with it.

SD JB/59 Combo. Works beautifully in Mahogany body/Maple cap guitars. It does indeed have a coil tap as standard which works a treat.

Its one of the finest guitars I have ever played and for the money you cant really beat it. It plays like a dream with a warm rich sound and yet is ultra light. It plays as well as my PRS Cu22 and better than my MII UC and I prefer the neck profile too.

You're going to love it. I cant speak any more highly of this guitar.

JonCurcio

Not really. I've done some mods (graph tech trem nut and string saver saddles) that have improved the resonance of the guitar, but it still feels and sounds very stiff and hard. I can understand how this would be suited for metal, but it's just a bit too stiff for my liking. I think if the neck were mahogany it would warm things up a bit. The guitar is mostly maple. The ebony board still feels a bit awkward and slippery to me. In terms of quality, it kicks the crap out of my MH250NT (which is complete garbage), but sadly it doesn't sound or play like my old H-300, and it's almost 3x the price! People have different tastes in what makes a guitar feel good I suppose.

Dryope

yeah...it´s right that people have different tastes. for me, the neck of my horizon is the best i liad my hands on....maybe there´s oen guitar that´s better (for me...) but i guess it´ll be a looong search. as far as the sound goes: through my engl invader head it sound just great

Interloper

I got my NT-II at the beginning of this year and I can't really see myself ever getting something to replace it. I still get gas but but every time i play something new I realize just how great my Horizon is. And for guitars in it's price range there really is no better value for the money.

Post to Thread