ESP MII: Rosewood or Maple?

Updated
TheDarkOne
Ok. So after all the hardwork, the new forthcoming axe that I shall soon own will be the ESP MII. Now I ask of you, fellow ESP community lovers, which fretboard truly fulfills your needs of a badass axe? The maple or rosewood? Of course, this is 100% your opinion, but I would love to hear which one you all find most appealing and flattering on this guitar. Spanks again! ;)
MV-CTM

Maple ftw, it just feels better, plus it looks awesome and doesn't crack like ebony does.

newagedemolition

Who else thinks that ESP should make an LTD range, and ESP also, readily available for the rest of the world? This also wouldnt stop people from the US buying them online, so everyone is happy. It would just be alot easier than only getting them from Japan. An MX 50, 100, 200, 400, 1000 and Standard series would be awesome.

load more replies (7 of 7)
BrazilianBootyLover

Well theres 2 M II's with rosewood. Ones bolt-on and the other is neck thru. The one with the maple fretboad is bolt-on and only comes in bolt-on in America.

tmoori

maple! thats my next guitar! i have owned loads of neck thru guitars and loads of bolt on so i have come to the conclusion that my personal prefrence is bolt on! just sounds soo much better! but yeah maple!!

Armitage

I'm simply not a fan of maple fretboards, and only because I like the look of rosewood and ebony better...

TheDarkOne

rosewood!! for teh win!!!

Joe_Bradburry

I've heard that maple builds up static, wich can cause some popping noises, but, i dont know how much trooth there is to that.

BrazilianBootyLover

I've heard that maple builds up static, wich can cause some popping noises, but, i dont know how much trooth there is to that.

Your name explains it all.

load more replies (1 of 1)
rocknrolltakeover

go maple. thats the next guitar on my list as well.

takesnogutz666

Originally Posted by Killswitch_Kid View Post

Your name explains it all.

+1000000000000000

takesnogutz666

if i were the one making this decision i would go with rosewood. maple looks better, but rosewood has a better sound that compliments my tone. it really all depends on what your set up is like, telling you what is better between these two is like comparing active pickups to passive pickups... its all just opinion. neither are "better".

zerosk8r900

I dont know why, but I love the look, feel, and sound of a maple fretboard more than rosewood. And it looks great on the M-II.

Tone Deaf Guru

I dont know why, but I love the look, feel, and sound of a maple fretboard more than rosewood. And it looks great on the M-II. I agree, and it seems easier to see the side dots when needed.

gainiac

Isn't the bigger difference the EMGs with the RW vs. the Duncans with the maple? I think the pickups make a bigger difference than the fretboard choice - I've got all three types of fretboards in several guitars. I like the feel and tone and on some guitars the look of maple. Especially if the neck has an unfinished feel. But on this guitar, I'd go EMGs and RW, from a looks standpoint and a pickups standpoint. 18V it and you've got one sweet guitar. Honestly though, you probably can't miss either way.

KH Guitar Freak

Isn't the bigger difference the EMGs with the RW vs. the Duncans with the maple? I think the pickups make a bigger difference than the fretboard choice - I've got all three types of fretboards in several guitars. I like the feel and tone and on some guitars the look of maple. Especially if the neck has an unfinished feel. But on this guitar, I'd go EMGs and RW, from a looks standpoint and a pickups standpoint. 18V it and you've got one sweet guitar. Honestly though, you probably can't miss either way.

I think you could always opt to order either EMGs or Duncans in whichever MII you want in the US, at least in Australia, that's what is offered...

load more replies (1 of 1)
murtis

bony fretbards are easier to read for me

its the same diff as having white text ona black background ot having black text on a white background

MV-CTM

Fuck me, I want that thing so bad.

bigote

I would go with the M-II bolt-on w/ rosewood fingerboard then swap out the EMGs w/ Seymour Duncans. I'd like to have rosewood and SD pickups together in a guitar. Although I woudn't mind having the maple one cause it's already loaded w/ Duncans.

fuzzymuffler

Maple MII + EMGzorz FTW

Post to Thread