Ibanez RG2610 vs ESP MII

Updated
TheDarkOne
Hey, I can't decide which to buy. I played both and like them both the same playability and superficially there both badass. what do you guys like about these guitars, what dont you like, and which would you end up getting? just out of curiousity, would love the extra opinions for my quest, Thank you!
shakeESP

Go for which one suits your playing most. I find that RGs have more width between the strings, which doesn't suit me personally, therefore I stay away from Ibanez entirely, aside from the Prestige S guitars, which are lush.

Pros of the MII would be it has dual active pickups and also a Floyd Rose Original trem.
Cons of the Ibanez would be the single pickup, and the fact that it's passive, if you are an EMG freak. It also has an Edge trem, which I have little experience with, but if I ever look at a floating tremolo, Floyd Rose are the first choice.

Go for what YOU think plays and sounds best, coz I imagine they both sound totally different.

ShreddyMcFunTits

Cons of the Ibanez would be the single pickup, and the fact that it's passive, if you are an EMG freak

I can't see how it's a con because it hasn't got an EMG. The Full Shred sounds just as good if not better than the EMG's in my EC-1k.

and the single pickup thing It's not really a con if you weren't going to use it anyway (I barely use a neck pickup)

load more replies (1 of 1)
TheDarkOne

Damn, thats one beautiful guitar. I was set on the RG2610, then started to set my eyes on the M-II, but seeing your pics makes my mouth water. How does it play? Does the build quality hold up to the "Prestige" made in japan hype? What type of music you play on it, and on a scale of 1-10 , how would you rate your purchase? ANY thing you DONT like about it or wish you could change? If you could answer these questions, being that you actually have it, it would help me out a million. thanks bro, and again, sweet freakin' axe.

ShreddyMcFunTits

How does it play?

Like a bitch on heat, the Wizard neck feels so smooth and fast, and what surprised me was how versatile it was for a one pickup axe. I can get both a good brootal distortion as well as a crisp smooth clear through my Laney GH-100 head and Marshall 1960A cab.

Does the build quality hold up to the "Prestige" made in japan hype?

Yes, It feels and sound solid, It's the 3rd best axe I've ever played (beaten only by the Jem and the Universe)

What type of music you play on it,

As soon as I got it I slapped some 11's on it and put it into Drop C. I play mostly old Machine Head and Chimaira on it.

and on a scale of 1-10 , how would you rate your purchase?

I am more than happy buying this, I've had it for a couple of months or so and have picked it up at least once everyday since then. It is the best axe I have owned (Also own EC-1k, H-307, V-350 and a Charvel Model 4)

ANY thing you DONT like about it or wish you could change?

I can't say there's anything I don't like about it, everything about it just screams awesome, the Edge Pro term, the SD Full Shred. The only thing I could think of changing is a dome knob rather than a strat style knob which I've already done.

load more replies (1 of 1)
ZephMan

I would definitly get the ibby, wizard necks are the best necks on the planet IMO, and a full shred is a great pup. It looks br00tal, plays br00tal, and sounds br00tal. Btw I dont own one, but it will be my next purchase!

TheDarkOne

Hmm... so I'm not the only one that wants a RG2610. No doubt its a sweet lookin' axe and plays great, and as good as the MII is, I don't think the MII by any means "slaughters" the RG, i think there both on the same class and as to which one is better, i believe it is just personal preference because that are that closely built IMO. Which, in all realness, makes this choice EVEN HARDER! that are so close in ratings IMO i just cant deceide! its funny, as much knowledge as I gained from you guys about these guitars ( which I thank you for replying and helping me out), I believe has left more only more confused o_0 Oh well, I THINK, I might just have to go for the Ibanez. I have a slight preference for the thinner neck, and although it has 1 PU, i do like the SD slightly over the 81 in the bridge. 81's in the bridge have always sounded a bit plain and dark sounding to me, great for metal, but I'm more into shredding and need a bit more "mids" in the PU. i dunno, maybe im just talking outta my ass. anyway, thx again, anyone else want to share their opinions :) feel free!

shivering_shade

well.. i think that ibanez is a korean or something... and ESP is from Japan... so... figure it out...

espdood

well.. i think that ibanez is a korean or something... and ESP is from Japan... so... figure it out...

The Ibanez Prestige's with the exception of some of the S-series is made in Japan. Quality is top notch as I owned 3 Japanese Prestige RG models. Sound wise is a different story, because I'm not a fan of basswood bodied guitars. I had since switched over to ESP, because they make their guitars with the option of alder wooded bodies, which I like and the quality is top notch..if not, better. One gripe I have about ESP is that they don't come with a hardshell case, unless you buy their Custom Shop guitars or the higher priced sig models.

moosemeister

if money isnt too much of an issue, go with the ESP. if youre low on cash, but can dish out a bit more than a LTD, get the ibanez.

espdood

LOL, Shreddymcfuntits's RG vs. Brazillianbootylover's M-II war..lets get it on!!

Post to Thread