Old ESP need help identifying

Updated
Old ESP need help identifying

Just picked up a old esp, says the eclipse and has quilted top on the body and headstock, Rosewood fretboard and floyd original with duel Emg 81s has a bolt on maple neck,came with the case serial is 20955 plate looks original and correct, high quality craftsmanship all around best ax I have ever plugged in and touched 

Jacob L.

Mostly what I'm looking for is the year of production and just the details and specs, what was going on with esp at that time and artists that used the same model

jt76

based on what i see i would say its a standard production eclipse model. looks like a maple top that is fairly thick, mahogany back, older emgs, and a floyd rose instead of a sinclair.  Based upon that my best guess would place it from 1990 to 1994.  I would bet a penny on 92 or 93 if I had to narrow it down, but really it is all just an educated guess   you can try emailing esp support, i am told they can sometimes identify the old models with picture and the serial number. 

Jacob L.

I sent them a detailed email with all the info, I have been waiting for a reply for a few days now hopefully soon I will get something, Thank you for all the info good sir I really appreciate it ;] 

RZK

It takes them a while, but they do respond. They may not be able to give you an exact year, as they didn't keep detailed records before 1990 something.

6-String

You can also check out the old ESP catalogs. They are fun to flip through, the Russian site still has them up : espguitars(DOT)ru/catalog(DOT)html

jt76

looks a lot like the one in the oval on page 3 of the 95 catalog

jt76

page 14 of the USA 95 catalog,  look it up on the russian site the catalog pages look much better than this post.

Jacob L.

Oh man you found it! Awesome ;) 

MetalMadness

I dont own a LP or EMGs but I really would love a guitar just like that! Very cool

Superpuma

that neck says NAMM. likely it was built for the show one year.

jt76

Mine was the one with namm on the neck pocket,  its a custom Lacewood telecaster.  

Jacob l 's eclipse was a custom order featured in the 95 catalog and was probably a namm show guitar also since it was featured in the catalog.  

load more replies (1 of 1)
Fyl

Circa 94~96 they went through several versions of headstock text on script logo bolton eclipse "1's" (pre-eclipse ii afair, so it wasnt really called an eclipse "one" back then)

Text could say "eclipse", "the eclipse", and i think "eclipse custom"

options were:

solidbody mahogany (solid or trans paint) OR maple-topped mahogany OR hollowbody OR alder (kirk hammett sig, mb others)

emg or esp humbuckers

tunamatic or floyd rose

bolton quartersawn maple neck w/ clear back, sculpted heel, rosewood fb, and gotoh tuners came standard. binding and inlays may have varied between years or come as options.

for some reason, these tend to confuse theamerican used market, sometimes leading to some very awesome used pricing

Post to Thread