Old ESP need help identifying

Updated
Old ESP need help identifying

Just picked up a old esp, says the eclipse and has quilted top on the body and headstock, Rosewood fretboard and floyd original with duel Emg 81s has a bolt on maple neck,came with the case serial is 20955 plate looks original and correct, high quality craftsmanship all around best ax I have ever plugged in and touched 

Jacob L.

Jacob L.

Jacob L.

Jacob L.

Jacob L.

Jacob L.

Jacob L.

Jacob L.

Jacob L.

Jacob L.

Jacob L.

Jacob L.

In the full fretboard picture that was before I oiled the wood, it's a even dark brown now

RZK

What do you want to know? It's an Eclipse. Old ESPs kick ass. What else is there?

jt76

really nice axe, whish it was mine.   in my opinion they at far better than gibson,  I have not seen one like that before. the 1990's esp usa had figured tops but i don't recall any that looked like that.   here are mine and ltd ec200 from the 90's and an esp arch top from the 90's

jt76

by the way it will check my old catalogs and see if I find anything similar,  think they were making the esp usa customs in california around 97 98, i think they said usa custom on the headstock. So i would guess this pre dates that by a couple of years and yes as rzk say's the old esp's kick ass.  not that there is anything wrong with the new ones,  there is just something special about their old stuff.   Have you ever looked at the neck pocket?

Post to Thread